CPD Guideline for Veterinarians
7. Accreditation of CPD-activities
APPLICATION FOR APPROVAL OF ACCREDITATION OF STRUCTURED CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD) ACTIVITIES
Structured activities for CPD purposes should aim to maintain or enhance the knowledge, skills and professional competence of all those who participate in them. These activities should meet an educational and developmental need and provide an effective learning experience for the participants. The educational/developmental objectives of the proposed activity should preferably be clearly stated on the application form and programme. The proposed activity should be free of undesirable commercial influence and applicants should clearly indicate the time (hours) reserved for commercial/social activities. The proposed lecturers should be accepted experts in their respective fields as well as good communicators. A brief curriculum vitae of the proposed teacher(s), a copy of the programme as well as a copy of the proceedings should be submitted with the application form. The programme should provide for feedback by encouraging participants to submit their evaluation of the relevance, quality, and effectiveness of the activity in writing.
1. Presenters of CPD courses should have a basic infrastructure in place to facilitate proper functioning and administration of records.
2. A designated person should be responsible for completion and submission of the relevant forms to the Accreditation Committee of the South African Veterinary Council
3. Likewise, a designated person, preferably the same person as above, should be responsible for handling of all correspondence with the South African Veterinary Council
4. A record should be kept of all submissions to the South African Veterinary Council as well as the outcome of these applications
5. All records should be kept for a minimum period of three years.
ON COMPLETION, ALL FORMS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO THE SOUTH AFRICAN VETERINARY COUNCIL
Ackowledgement of receipt of an application for a CPD activity by the South African Veterinary Council
The South African Veterinary Council hereby acknowledge receipt of your application for accreditation of a CPD activity.
Your activity has been allocated the following registration number, ……………., which should be quoted in all correspondence with the South African Veterinary Council. The registration number should also appear on the certificate issued to attendants/participants in the event.
Your activity is presently being reviewed by the accreditation committee and you will be informed of the outcome of the reviewing process in due course. Please note that final approval of the activity will only be granted on receipt of form B.
List of attendants
CONFIRMATION OF ACCREDITATION of a CPD activity by the South African Veterinary Council
The South African Veterinary Council hereby confirms accreditation of your CPD activity entitled ……………………… with registration number…………….. The number of hours for the entire event accredited for CPD is ………. which is equivalent to …………CPD points.
- << Prev