Payments to Council and examination fees
Registrees must annually pay their maintenance fees to continue to practice legally in the industry. If maintenance fees are not paid, veterinary professionals forfeit their registration and may no longer practice in the industry. Registrees who did not re-register in-time (within three years of being removed from the register), must apply for re-registration. If more than three years lapsed since registration, please refer to this page for more information.
You can download invoices and statements inside your Registree Portal account under “Account”. As from 1 April 2021 you will, in addition, be provided with an emailed invoice. The fees for the financial year 1 April 2023 – 31 March 2024 are listed below. All prices include VAT.
Maintenance fees are payable from 1 April 2023 to 30 June 2023 or as specified under special circumstances. The payable amounts for the animal health technician profession are as follow:
- animal health technician maintenance fee: R1 530;
- pensioners maintenance fees over 65 to 70 (all persons older than 70 years remain on the register free of charge ): R450;
- authorisation fees for persons who do the work of animal health technician professionals (period of authorisation): R1 530; and
- authorisation for animal health technicians services for research purposes: tbc.
- Animal health technician professionals: R920.
Re-registration fees are payable anytime during the course of the year. A fee of R3 602 is payable to re-register as an animal health technician professional.
Payment of any other fees
The same methods of payment apply for payment of any other fees, these fees may include (but are not exclusive):
- inscriptions of additional qualification/s: R270;
- replacement of certificate: The original certificate must be returned and /or an affidavit must be submitted: R396;
- change of surname: R110;
- letters of Good Standing: R486 and R972 if urgent; and
- deferment [application to defer CPD requirements]: R1 300.
*All payments are made with the submission of an application form. Contact the SAVC Administration for details on the documents that should accompany applications.
SAVC registration examination 2023
SAVC registration examinations for animal health technician professionals: R18 845 (including admin fee).
*All the above-mentioned payments include the non-refundable administration fee.
Note the following conditions with regards to Council registration payments:
- no Council registration examination fees can be paid after 31 May annually;
- no late payments will be accepted; and
- make a once-off payment.
Be advised of the following:
- invoices for annual maintenance fees are issued on 1 April annually and will be available under “Account” in Registree’s Portal accounts;
- always include your registration number, your full names and surname and the reason for payment as reference. The SAVC cannot allocate the payment to your individual account without these particulars; and
- email a copy of the deposit slip or direct transfer page to Council at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Methods of payment
Direct payment into the SAVC Bank account (by direct deposit or internet transfer):
Account number: 020 166 762
Branch code: 632005
Foreign transfers swift: ZA-JJ
Remember your reference number
Note the following regarding payments:
- With direct payment into the SAVC bank account, add your registration number on the deposit slip or internet transfer at the time of payment to enable us to allocate your payment to your account;
- The SAVC cannot allocate any payment to your individual account, unless you have provided Council with your registration number or surname and full names; and
- You are responsible for the additional banking costs incurred by Council, as well as the value added tax, if you facilitate payment by foreign bank draft.