View this page for SAVC internal positions
AD HOC PANEL OF PRO FORMA COMPLAINANTS
The South African Veterinary Council (SAVC) is a non-profit representative organisation of the veterinary and para-veterinary professions, promoting the health and well-being of South Africans through the promotion of animal health, production and well-being.
The SAVC achieves its mandate through the regulations of the standards of training, ethical and practice standards of veterinarians, veterinary nurses, animal health technicians, veterinary technologists, laboratory animal technologists and veterinary physiotherapists thereby protecting the interests of those dependent on animals and assuring public health.
The SAVC intends to appoint successful applicants to a panel of pro forma complainants on an ad hoc basis to lead the evidence and cross examine witnesses at its inquiries held from time-to-time in South Africa.
Pro forma complainants – Attorneys and Advocates are invited to register on the South African Veterinary database for the purpose of being considered for appointment to assist with prosecution of various cases and need to meet the following requirement:
- A 4/5-year legal degree, LLB obtained at a university in SA and includes at least courses in administrative law, evidence law and constitutional law;
- Ten years plus experience in prosecution and/or legal practice in South Africa;
- Knowledge of the Veterinary and Para-Veterinary Professions Act, Act 19 of 1982;
- Sound knowledge of all the relevant legislation of South Africa; and
- Experience in formulation of charges.
Prospective applicants are required to submit:
- A full CV
- References and a motivation for appointment to email@example.com
- Tax or VAT information
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified copy of qualifications
The SAVC reserves the right to choose any legal person for a specific course (date, time, activity etc.)