Payments to Council and examination fees
On a yearly basis registrees must pay their maintenance fees to continue to practice legally in the industry. If maintenance fees are not paid, veterinary technologist professionals forfeit their registration (they are removed from the register) and may no longer practice in the industry. Registrees who did not register in-time (within three years of being removed from the register), can re-register. If more than three years have lapsed since de-registration, please refer to this page for more information.
You can download invoices and statements inside your Registree Portal account under “Account”. The fees for the financial year 1 April 2022 – 31 March 2023 are listed below. All prices include VAT.
Maintenance fees are payable from 1 April 2022 to 30 June 2022 or as specified under special circumstances. The payable amount for the veterinary technologist profession is currently as follows:
- veterinary technologist maintenance fee: R 1 457.
- Veterinary technologist: R 877.
Re-registration fees are payable anytime during the course of the year. A fee of R3 430 is payable to re-register as a para-veterinary professional.
Payment of any other fees
The same methods of payment apply for payment of any other fees, these fees may include (but are not exclusive):
- inscriptions of additional qualification/s: R 258;
- replacement of certificate: The original certificate must be returned and /or an affidavit must be submitted: R 377;
- change of surname: R102;
- letters of good standing: R 463 and R 927 if urgent; and
- deferment [application to defer CPD requirements] R 1 236.
*All payments are made with the submission of an application form. Contact the SAVC administration for details on the documents that should accompany applications.
SAVC registration examination (2022)
SAVC registration examinations for para-veterinary professionals: R 17 945.
*All the above-mentioned payments include the non-refundable administration fee. Standard examination fees will also apply, even if some subjects are omitted.
Note the following conditions with regards to Council registration payments:
- no Council registration examination fees can be paid after 30 June annually;
- no late payments will be accepted; and
- make a once-off payment.
Be advised of the following:
- members who previously paid by debit order please take note that this method of payment was dispensed with due to the large banking costs and the relatively small usage of the debit order system. Invoices for maintenance are issued on 1 April and will be available under “Account” in Registree’s portal accounts;
- always ensure that direct payments have your registration number or your surname and initials and the reason for payment as reference if you are not in possession of a registration number at the time of making your payment into the SAVC bank account; and
- email a copy of the deposit slip or direct transfer page to Council at email@example.com
Methods of payment
There are two methods of payment that can be followed:
Direct payment into the SAVC Bank account (by direct deposit or internet transfer):
Account number: 020 166 762
Branch code: 632005
Foreign transfers swift: ZA-JJ
Note the following with regards to payments:
- with direct payment into the SAVC Bank account ensure your invoice number and registration number appears on the deposit slip or internet transfer at the time of payment to enable us to allocate your payment to your account;
- there will be no reference on the SAVC bank statements if no reference is used at the time of making the payment and such payments cannot be receipted and cannot be allocated to your account;
- you are responsible for the bank costs if you are making payment by foreign bank draft; and
- ensure that your payment includes the costs and that your payment includes valued added tax as the service is a service rendered in South Africa.
*Email a copy of the deposit slip or direct transfer page to Council at firstname.lastname@example.org